Wednesday, May 28, 2008

dinner party at the softball fields

tonight i was invited to a dinner party at the softball fields. my dear friend j, has been doing this dinner thing with another sweet friend every wed night for the past month and they have decided to eat somewhere new in carpinteria (the little beach town taylor and i lived in last year) every wed evening. tonight they invited me to a baseball dinner. j made organic turkey dogs with whole wheat buns with all the fixin's, sweet potato fries, beans, strawberries, cherries and chocolate bars for dessert. it was so fun. we just enjoyed each other's company chatting and laughing and more laughing. it was nice to spend the evening with them. it is now our weekly thing. can't wait for next week.

look at this spread...j knows how to entertain, even out of her kitchen.
our yummy dinner
sg, kc, and md...no pic of j. she is taking it for us.
today i am incredibly grateful...for my dear friends j, k, and m. these women are such an example of the reality of God's power in one's life. you each are such an example to me and i cherish each moment of i get to spend with each of you.

4 comments:

KATIE said...

YAY for WEDNESDAY NIGHT DINNERS!!! :) :)

~j~ said...

double yay for wed night dinners! but boo for wrinkly hot dogs :))
i will do better next time lol
I love you girls, The Lord has blessed me incredibly with each of you...
xxoo
j
shelly you and k are too stinkin fast on the blog draw! I loose :))

Tiffany said...

How fun! There is nothing better than quality time spent with great friends! And I love the idea of eating somewhere different each time!

Nick and Becky Dellar said...

Aww! Felt like I was there with you guys! Man I miss you SG+1!